The Team of the Oranienburger Strasse Synagogue
Rabbi Gesa S. Ederberg
- Born in 1968, married, 3 children.
- Studied Physics, Protestant Theology und Jewish Studies in Tübingen, Bochum, Berlin and New York.
- 1998 – 2002 Rabbinical Studies at the Schechter Institute for Jewish Studies in Jerusalem, completed with Smicha (ordination).
- 2002 – 2006 Rabbi at the Jewish Community Weiden, Bavaria.
- Since February 2007 Rabbi at the Oranienburger Strasse Synagogue.
- 2002 - 2008 Director of Masorti Germany, in Berlin, founder of the bilingual Masorti Kindergarten and the Lehrhaus (center for adult education).
- Founding member and Vice President-Treasurer of the European Region of the International Rabbinical Assembly.
- Founding member of the General Rabbinical Conference – the Association of non-Orthodox Rabbis - of the Central Council of Jews in Germany.
- Author and editor of several different publications, e.g. „Sympathie Magazin Judentum Verstehen“, and Pluspunkt Deutsch für jüdische Zuwanderer, a German language book with Jewish content.
- Coordinator of supplementary Jewish education for the Jewish Community of Berlin.
If you’d like to make an appointment, or need any other assistance, please send an e-mail or talk to the rabbi’s secretary Dalit Hochberg, Phone: 030-880 28 253.
Cantor Avitall Gerstetter
We are very lucky that other cantors of the Berlin congregation also officiate once in a while at our shul:
Simon Zkorenblut, Laszlo Pasztor, Itzhak Sheffer and Jochen Fahlenkamp, and regularly, we have Cantorial Interns from the Abraham Geiger Colleg.
The Gabbaim (synagogue officers):
Miriam Rosengarten, Noa Uebel and Prof. Dr. Gerhard Baader